Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mom of three boys!

I can't believe its been so long since I've posted. I get so disappointed when I go to read other people's blogs and they haven't updated, but I haven't updated mine either, so can't get too mad. So here we go, a bunch of random updates and opinions. If you don't make it to the end, I wouldn't blame you.

Cooper- finished his all-star season 4-2, the winners of the consolation bracket. It was so much fun. I really enjoyed the all-star season more than the regular season, even though it was a lot of baseball squeezed into a month. I hope he makes it again. I'm sure between my 3 boys, at least one of them will at some point. Jason and I calculated to make sure they wouldn't all make it in the same year. Scary thoughts like that keep me up at night! :) The life of a mom of three boys. He finished 1st grade with great marks, reading really well. I can't believe I'm old enough to have a 2nd grader. Crazy! He loves watching Sportscenter now, even without his daddy. Great. I can't get away from it. His new thing now is Bakugan, a Japanese (I'm guessing) cartoon that, of course, has toys you can buy. He convinced Cade to spend his birthday money on some, and asked me to read the instructions on how to have Bakugan battles. They are meant for ages 5 and up, and it took me more than a few days to figure it out, and I still think we aren't playing it right. And of course, they are small enough that Campbell would choke on them if he found them. Fun times.

Cade-Finished t-ball an all-star in every one's eyes. His coach convinced the team they had won the championship, even though there wasn't one, and convinced Cade that since he was the best player, he was the best player in the t-ball league. Great. Blow up his head. But he actually probably was the best t-ball player. He didn't want to throw the ball to people because they wouldn't catch it, so he would come from 3rd base across the field, pick up the ball, and chase the runner down to get them out, even though we weren't counting outs. The parents of the other teams would laugh (a jealous laugh if I do say so myself) and say the kids shouldn't hit it to him because he would tackle them. He was stung by a wasp the other day, a whole other blog entry, so add any kind of buzzing insect to the long list of things he's afraid of. The dark, birds, snakes, old people, water... oh dear. He graduated from preschool and will start kindergarten next month. When Cooper started, I was ready to kick him out of the house, but I think because Cade was my baby for so long, I am not quite as ready this time. I will miss him. Campbell will really miss him!

Campbell-My sweet baby will turn one next month. Its just not right! Its too fast! He eats like a horse, actually picked up his plate the other day to lick it clean! Gets mad when he's out of food. Has 6 teeth already, early compared to my other two. The funny part is, he got his two bottom center ones first, but then he got his upper canine teeth next, very unusual according to our dentist, so he looked like a vampire for awhile. His top two are coming in now, so he doesn't look as funny. He still has reddish hair, people say he looks like me, finally I got one. He's not walking yet, which is later than the others, but he is cruising, and I am not in a hurry. He's so busy, opens all the kitchen cabinets and drawers, trying to climb the stairs. He's very happy. I am very thankful!

Me-I got a really short hair cut last week, still don't like it. I also stopped nursing last week. The last time I wasn't so sad, but the next day, when it was time and I didn't, it was sad. I'll never nurse again. Its sad. VBS wore me out. Every year I say I'm not going to do it again, but I just can't not work VBS. And I would rather direct than be in a classroom. I am helping direct Preschool Playdays, and will teach something in our weekday teacher training. That is my favorite thing I do all year. I wish I could do that more. I am having a family issue right now, so say a prayer for me to have wisdom. Reading a lot of Karen Kingsbury, I don't know why, they are all sad so far. Sad about Jon and Kate, blame him for making bad choices, blame her for being so critical and for not quitting the show when he said he wanted to. But I can't pretend to know the whole story. Its just very sad. (I'm using that word alot this post. Sorry) Loving Next Food Network Star, and I am now addicted to NCIS. I finally got burned out on Law & Order after watching every episode 20 times, but NCIS is so great. I can almost watch it everyday on USA. I also like the new show on USA Royal Pains. And still addicted to facebook, which is probably why I haven't blogged in so long. And I'm not forgetting my sweet husband, but for security reasons, I will have to update you on him another time. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow. If you made it to the end of this, you are really bored! But thanks for caring about us.

2 comments:

CDJ said...

So glad to be caught up! You have a full house for sure! Thanks for sharing.

Kristin said...

Wait for the all day NCIS marathons. We are addicted to NCIS as well. (I also like Royal Pains.)

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...