Monday, October 03, 2011

European Foods Part 1 - Budapest

I thought I would write a quick blog post with pictures about some of the foods we ate on our European adventures. But after going through my pictures, I realized it would be way too much for one post. So here is part 1. Hope you're hungry!

Budapest:

We didn't actually eat this, but I couldn't help but take a picture of this lovely item we found in the local market. We laughed about it for days!

This was an amazing pastry we found at the market. Basically a hotdog made with a pastry, and two kinds of cream on the inside. Trey, Randi, J and I all tried to share it, but it was oozing out all over, so we were laughing hysterically while trying to enjoy it.

And this was the sweet girl who sold it to us and then laughed hysterically at us trying to eat it. We came back another day to get another one, but alas, the market was closed. Very sad.

Pictures do not do this justice. We found this restaurant and ordered. The table next to us got their food first, and we were shocked by the serving sizes. Then our food came. The four of us could have shared one of our meals. It was all delicious, but crazy amounts of food. People were stopping walking down the street to take pictures of every one's food.

This was Jason's shish-kabob. He did a fairly good job of eating it all.

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...