Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting, Part 2

To read part 1 of Waiting, click HERE.

So what happens when you finally get the answer you've been waiting for, only it wasn't the answer you wanted? Been there many times! I have doubted the Lord many times because He didn't do what I thought was best. "Lord, you must not have heard my prayers right, because I know what I was asking for what the best thing for me!" And I have wondered if He just laughs at me. In the last few weeks I have heard some of His truth regarding this and thought I would share.

1. Casting Crowns new CD, Come to the Well, is excellent, and one song is called "Already There." I almost had to pull over when I listened to the lyrics. OK Lord, I hear you!

(Mark Hall, Matthew West, Bernie Herms)
From where I’m standing
Lord, it’s so hard for me to see
Where this is going
And where You’re leading me
I wish I knew how
All my fears and all my questions
Are going to play out
In a world I can’t control

When I’m lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory

‘Cause You’re already there
You’re already there
Standing at the end of my life
Waiting on the other side
And You’re already there
You’re already there

From where You’re standing
Lord, You see a grand design
That You imagined
When You breathed me into life
And all the chaos
Comes together in Your hands
Like a masterpiece
Of Your picture-perfect plan

When I’m lost in the mystery
To You my future is a memory

One day I’ll stand before You
And look back on the life I’ve lived
I can’t wait to enjoy the view
And see how all the pieces fit

You can listen here!
I love the line "To you my future is a memory." Such truth! He isn't surprised by how things turn out! He already knows how the story ends!

2. Listened to an amazing sermon by my new friend Malcolm Duncan entitled "When God says No". You can listen HERE. One thing he said that sticks out to me was, where would you be right now if God had answered Yes to every prayer you prayed? Who would you be married to? Where would you be living? How many times have you prayed one thing on a Monday and then prayed something different by Friday? OUCH!

3. I was thinking about my boys, and how I say "no" to them quite often, and almost always its because I'm protecting them from something. I don't say no to punish them or because I'm mean. Its because what they want to do will either hurt them or someone else.(No! Don't hit your brother with the sword!) Or its because what they want to do just isn't best for them and I can see the big picture. (No, you can't stay up until 11 to watch that movie. You have school tomorrow.) God reminded me that He is the same way. He says no because He is protecting me from something or someone, or He has something better planned for me that I can't see yet. I know that in my head, but some days when I don't get the answer I want, I choose to not believe it. Its a choice some days to truly trust Him, but I can look back on my life and see where His no's were a wonderful answer full of His love and mercy.

I can't wait to see one day how all the pieces fit, how all the "no's" turned into a beautiful picture of my life.

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...