Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Potty Training, Take Two

So we've been potty training in our house now for a few months, and I thought we had made great progress. I thought we had #1 down to a science (we won't talk about #2). But we've had lots of accidents this last week or so, simply out of laziness in my opinion. I made the mistake this morning of telling my sweet one that if he had an accident at school today, I would have to come pick him up, hoping that would scare him into submission. Nope. Ten o'clock got a call. Now what? I really wish I hadn't said that, but I did, so I have to follow through because I'm really big on that, so back up to school I went. He was not happy. I was not happy. It was a wake up call for both of us. For him, because he realized this is serious. And me, because I realized I haven't been consistent enough. We've both been lazy. So we are starting from scratch. We headed for Starbucks for me, and then to Dollar Tree for him. He picked out a little notebook, some star stickers and some Blue's Clues stickers. When he goes #1, he gets a star sticker for his notebook. Three star stickers, and he gets a Blue sticker. So far, so good. I have to be consistent about taking off the pull up after nap, and being willing to take him every 30 minutes if that's what it takes. Now #2 is another story. We have toys waiting for when that happens, and a promised poo-poo dance, which I will make up on the fly. I can only dream of that day!

1 comment:

CDJ said...

Wake up calls are good:)
Keep your camera charged, 'cause we ALL gonna need to see that potty dance!

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...