Thursday, October 13, 2011

Who is Reading This?

I periodically check my stats on my blog. I like to see how many people read each one to know which types of posts get the most reads. Who am I kidding? It boosts my self esteem when I get a good number. Of course, my highest read post was "Hurt Feelings". What does that say about blog readers?

But every once in a while I look at the stats that say where in the world my readers are. And just this week I had readers in Latvia, Russia, India, Balarus, Israel and Trinidad and Tobago! What? I have been to Latvia, but it was 11 years ago, so I don't know if people there actually know me. And I know who my readers are in India, the UK, Serbia, Brazil and France. (Hello friends!) But the rest are beyond me. I guess its just random people who some how come across my blog. I'm not sure how that works. I spend entirely too much time reading blogs and Facebook stats from people I know, I don't have time to wander around and read from people I don't know. But I think its neat! It makes me realize in some sense how small the world is becoming and yet how big it really is. I didn't get email until I was out of college and just to see how much things have changed, how I can communicate with people all over the world in the blink of an eye, is crazy to me.

It also makes me realize that even though I don't have a huge following, each person that reads this blog for whatever reason, God may have brought by for a purpose, and I need to take seriously what I am writing about. I want His name to be renown. So even if my most read post this week was on couponing, maybe those sweet people stuck around for a minute and read about Him and what He is doing in my life. That is my prayer.

Psalm 96:1-3
Sing to the LORD a new song;
sing to the LORD, all the earth.
Sing to the LORD, praise his name;
proclaim his salvation day after day.
Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous deeds among all peoples

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...