Wednesday, October 05, 2011

New Mercies...

I had a really rough day yesterday. So first I called my momma, and she talked me through it and her last words were, "Remember His mercies are new every morning!" Thank you for that. Then last night, I saw my sweet friend Cari was on FB, so I dumped my day on her for a minute (love friends who let you dump your day on them), and her last words were "Remember His mercies are new every morning!". Well, thank you for that! So I went up to bed and thought I might like to look that verse up to read it for myself. When I found it, I almost wept with just an overwhelming sense of His sweet love and faithfulness! And I slept wonderfully! And yes, today is a new day filled with His wonderful love, grace, compassion and mercy for me. Hope these verses help you today!

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Lamentations 3:22-26

1 comment:

CDJ said...

What I love about you the most is that you didn't settle for hearing the word from others, but you went to the Source and found deeper satisfaction...not mere pacification (is that a word? I need it to be:)

enjoy today! love you

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...