Saturday, January 16, 2010

First official post with high speed!

I just wanted to announce that I now have high speed internet at home, so I have no excuses to not post more often or post pictures. Of course, at the moment the computer is in the playroom on my kids table and my bottom barely fits into this kids chair, but its temporary. I am enjoying being able to download sermons and open videos and quickly get where I need to be. Hopefully I don't spend more time on here but less.

As I was making the arrangements and watching the cable guy install it, I was feeling guilty about getting it when there are people in Haiti with no homes, no water or food, no parents, no children and many I'm sure with no hope. I mentioned it to the cable guy who had already told me he was a believer, and he said it wasn't my fault about Haiti as if that could take the guilt away. Of course it wasn't my fault, but what are we doing to sacrifice to help someone else. I was crying last night while watching a story of an Australian news crew rescuing an 18 month old out of rubble where she had been for 68 hours. She was fine, but apparently has lost all of her family but an uncle. I just couldn't imagine that for my Campbell. God must have a plan for her to save her in those conditions. God's plans are far higher than I can imagine. And He is in control.

Please pray for Ben and Katie. They were in our youth group in Richardson. I can remember leading Ben in a small group either at camp or D-Now. They moved to Haiti Dec. 29th to teach at a Christian school and participate in other ministries, and now they are ministering in ways they never imagined. www.benandkatieinhaiti.com

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...