Monday, December 02, 2013

Strength for the Waiting

Today as my hubby starts his new job, I thought I would share some of the ways God gave me strength to get to this day. God has used this waiting time to teach me so much the past six months, so even though waiting stinks, I wouldn't trade it. He used people, songs, scripture, books, all kinds of things to tell me the same sweet reminders over and over... that He is faithful, good, sovereign, trustworthy, and bigger than my dreams and plans. So in case some of you are in the midst of struggles or waiting, I thought I would share some of the things that helped me get through.

1. The Bible
So many scriptures that I can't begin to put them all on here, but He really had me in the story of Moses and the Exodus (appropriate for moving). Over and over He used that story in different ways to remind me to wait on His timing, and to trust his deliverance. The two books below both focused on that story and even though I have read about Moses my whole life, so much came fresh and new.

2. Books
The Red Sea Rules, by Robert J. Morgan
Finding God's Will by Gregg Matte
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

3. Music
God has often used music in my life to speak to me, I have made many a mixed tape in my life! Now I can just make a playlist. Much faster! And when one of them really speaks to me, I print out the lyrics and tape them in my journal. So encouraging! When I went to type up this part for you, I realized none of you probably want to read a list of 30 songs. I wish there was a way to play them on my blog, I used to be able to. So here are just a few songs that have played over and over in my car, in my bedroom, in my kitchen as I clean. They speak truth and peace to me! But if you are in need of a long play list, just let me know.

"Not for a Moment", Meredith Andrews
"Faithful", Hawk Nelson
"Lift my Life Up", Unspoken
"Faithful", Chris Tomlin
"Oceans, Where Feet may Fail", Hillsong United (my current ring tone)
"Waiting Room", Jonny Diaz
"Never Once", Matt Redman
"The Lord our God", Kristian Stanfill, Passion
"Kneel" and "God of the Impossible" - Two off of the Pinelake worship CD (I highly recommend it)
And I think the main song was Sidewalk Prophet's "Help Me Find It". Many a tear was shed at the beginning as I cried out to God for answers, but now I smile, so thankful that we finally have His will clear to us. So thankful today!


No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...