Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Randomness

Haven't given any random updates lately, so I thought I would share where we are in our lives at this point. We had great holidays. J's family came to our house for Thanksgiving and my family came for Christmas. It was the first year we didn't travel anywhere and I loved it! Even the cooking and cleaning on my part. We'll have to arrange that more often.

We finished up football. Cade's team was undefeated, but no playoffs for flag. He can't wait to tackle next year. Coop's team lost in the semi-finals to a team that had the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen. They have actually been kicked out of our league so we won't have to play them next year. Nice. Both big boys are on select baseball teams, so we had baseball tournaments mixed in with football, but we are on a break now. On to basketball. Coop's team, coached by the best coach ever, is 2-1. Cade is playing probably his last year of Upward and in my humble opinion, is the best player on the team. He pouts when its his turn to sit out. Loves it! And although the actual baseball season hasn't started yet, we are in full swing at our house since J is on the Little League board and will be managing both boys' teams. I used to wish that they would take a break in the winter from sports, but was reminded by a fellow baseball mom that if they weren't playing an organized sport, their never ending energy would be running all over my house. Point taken. I'd much rather they take it out on the court or field! Campbell has one more year to sit out, and I'm trying to enjoy that because it will only get crazier!

I'm teaching 2 days a week in the infant class in our MDO. It was supposed to be temporary but I wouldn't want to leave now, I'm quite attached. And it gives me my baby fix! Campbell goes to preschool 4 days a week, and is sad every Friday when he has to stay home with me. He is the youngest in his class since he has an Aug. birth date, but his teachers say you would never know it, except for the potty training issue. Yes, we are still not potty trained. This kid just doesn't care! We are probably at 75% on #1 but no where close on #2. At least he's pretty regular so I know when to put a diaper on him. I'm sure somewhere in this process I have not parented correctly, but he's my third, and I'm tired and have run out of ideas. I am hoping one day he will wake up and be ready to be a big boy. One day. Hopefully soon. Before college.

A little bragging here. I don't do it often because most of the time we just expect our kids to do these things, so I don't want to be one of those moms that constantly brags on her kids. So here is one paragraph and then I'll be done. Straight A's all around. Cooper received another Character Award a few weeks ago. I love those. And he was in the school spelling bee. Out of 20 4th and 5th graders, he was the 14th out. He was the last 4th grader left. He was mad because he got out on "flannel", a fairly easy word. He'll never misspell that word again. I was so proud of him because I am not a speller. I had my first "C" ever in 3rd grade spelling.

I am loving "American Idol", "Once Upon a Time," "Last Man Standing" and "NCIS" of course. But I have really cut down on my tv. Of course I've replaced it with Facebook, Pinterest and reading my Nook. I love Spotify! I'm finding music I listened to in high school and college and it brings such good memories. Today I got the new Kari Jobe CD. AMAZING!

I am trying to get back into eating better and exercising. I found this 15 minute work out on On Demand and did it Monday and today. I couldn't make it through the whole thing. I figure I burned more calories in 15 minutes then I do walking for 30 when I don't even run out of breath usually. I've cut down my sugar and upped my fiber. So we will see what happens.

I will be starting leading a new Bible Study on Feb. 12th on Sunday nights, What Happens when Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa Terkeurst. I'm excited to start something. If anyone local is interested, I can get you a book. Or if you aren't locally, I would love to have you read it with us and we can somehow hold each other accountable long distance. And of course, the VBS discussions are beginning. I've got to buckle my seat belt!

If you've made it to the bottom of this, you are a special person! I owe you one!

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...