Monday, May 25, 2015

Meaningful Moments #2

Its really hard to get my kids away from all the screens in the house especially during a rainy day. But during a break from the rain, we ran to the pool. As usual, I didn't swim, so I was reading. Coop joined me towards the end reading his book. I looked at him and caught myself. Take advantage of the moment Mom. So I started a conversation. Took a minute to get it going, as it does with teenage boys. But then we talked about baseball, his new team starting tomorrow, his excitement and nervousness, who he wants to be friends with, how this is the first step of his long term plan. If you know him, you know he doesn't show much emotion. But I wish I had a picture of his smile as he talked about this passion. That was my meaningful moment today! I hope I can remember that smile for a long time!

We also made another memory this evening. We made it 13 years before there was a window broken with a ball in the backyard. It was just a wiffle ball. You wouldn't think that would make a big hole in the kitchen window, but it did. Luckily its a double pane, so we are ok until we can get it fixed. Life with boys!



No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...