Saturday, March 08, 2008

Updates

I haven't blogged in awhile. There are days when I write a blog in my head, but I don't have time to sit and actually type it in. And then when I do sit down, I can't remember what I was going to say. There are days when I have something to say, but since I'm not really sure who reads this, some things aren't appropriate. (ie. some fun and yet strange things about pregnancy) I know my women readers who have children would enjoy them, but those who have not experienced the joy of pregnancy, might not want to have children, or men would get grossed out. And there are days when I have issues with people that I would love to write about, what what if those people read my blog. Even though I would change their names, they would know I was talking about them.
So here are some non-offensive updates.
I'm doing better with serving vegatables, some days.
Our second Collide service went much better than the first! I didn't comment on the first because there wasn't much positive to say, but we are learning and growing as we go.
Jason just got back from being in London for 8 days planning a mission trip this summer. Brought me back lots of yummy European chocolate! Almost made up for him being gone so long. While he was gone, my mom came a few days, and while she was here, my dad dropped by for a visit too. We all had dinner together. For those of you who know my life story, you will know that is a big deal. And it was fairly painless, almost enjoyable at times.
Pregnancy is going well, I'm feeling much better morning sickness wise, parts of my body are growing, some expected, some not! Still very tired and unmotivated to do anything productive. We should find out in a few weeks what we are having. So many people have told me they have dreamt its a girl, and they just know its a girl, and how badly I must want a girl. And really, I don't care. I have almost convinced myself that I would rather have a boy. I already have everything, and I really don't want a teenage girl. I didn't like being one. I just want a healthy, full term baby, no matter what it is. I am pretty sure I felt the baby this week. Very exciting!
That should hold you for awhile until I have time to say something else, or remember when I sit down what I was going to say!

3 comments:

ashley said...

So glad to hear you're doing well and feeling good, too... I would love some chocolate from Europe - I'm jealous:) Oh, and I had to read that part about your parents twice to make sure you were saying what I thought you were. Glad it was pleasant:)

3boysmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Glad you are doing well- Do you ever get over this tiredness when you have kids?

Your comment about me getting Allie to go to sleep by herself- Do you remember how much I LOVE sleep?

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...