Saturday, March 22, 2008

Maternity Clothes

I can remember to this day the first time I brought home a pair of maternity jeans when I was pregnant with Cooper and the look on Jason's face as he tried to figure out what the panel was for on the front. So funny! Here we are 6 years later, and they are just as frustrating. First of all, when its your first, you want to wear maternity clothes as soon as possible and you have to wait forever until you really need them. After that pregnancy, you don't want to wear them, yet you get bigger so much faster, you have to. For the most part I was really pregnant during colder parts of the year with both of my boys, and here we are going into the summer. Plus I was working full time with both of them at jobs where I had to look decent. I don't have to look decent this time around. My dear friend Sarah gave me all of her clothes as she moved from TX to GA, but she's taller than me, and was also working full time, so her clothes are dressy and for now, a little big. The stuff I did still have from previous pregnancies is already out of style. The shirts are big tents, and apparently the style now is tight t-shirts to really show off the belly. And another pregnant friend of mine pointed out that she has loaned her clothes to so many people, that they are faded and out of shape. I have noticed that with a few of my things. Its all very frustrating! So my sweet mom told me to spend $50 on her while we were shopping this week. So I go into the one maternity store at the outlet mall we were at ready to shop. Jason repeats, for the third time, "I don't understand why you need clothes for 4 more months. You have clothes." And I again try to explain all of the above to him, which he can't comprehend, plus the fact that, I just really would like to look cute in the midst of this process. I bought one shirt. A $30 shirt, which is way more than I would usually spend on a shirt, but it is really cute, and I feel cute in it. Even Cade told me I looked beautiful. So if you see me wearing an orange cute shirt everyday, that is why. Tonight the boys noticed the panel on my capris, and they looked at it with that same look Jason gave me 6 years ago. Funny.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Sorry- made a typo so deleted my comment.
I bought a few cute things this last pregnancy and it definitely makes a difference how you feel. I was kind of sad putting them away.
They have some really cute summer stuff. I saw some cute shirts at Walmart when I was there the other day.

ashley said...

I'm sure you're precious - always were and always will be!! You don't feel like it (or at least it sounds like you don't) but I am positive you are and I wish I could be there to hug you and tell you I know how you feel... love you.

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...