Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Baseball

Cooper is playing Little League baseball. Last year he played t-ball and they didn't keep score, and I remember thinking how boring it was and how I couldn't wait until they kept score. So he's had three games now, and I really miss not keeping score. The first game we were losing the whole game and parents are screaming and jumping up and down, and I'm thinking these people are crazy. Its a game between 6 and 7 year olds! Then at our last bat, we came back and won! I was screaming and jumping up and down! Ridiculous! But we lost the next game 20-5, they ended it early. We only lost on Monday by 2, but I hate that my kid's team is losing. The first time Cooper got out, he had to stop himself from crying. He's better now. I guess they have to learn all of that stuff, but I am so not competitive, I just don't get it all. But I have at least 18 years of it to go, if not longer if they are good enough to play college, or dream of all dreams, pros. Wouldn't that be great if we could retire to Disney World and one of our sons could pay for it.

1 comment:

ashley said...

ooooo... retire to Disney... now that's a FUN thought. Even more fun - a child who could pay for it!! Time to get Stone in the backyard with a baseball and bat... or a golf club... or a - well, whatever works:)

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...