Sunday, March 04, 2012

Please Leave a Comment... Or Don't

I have gotten in a really bad habit of reading stories on the internet and then scrolling down to read people's comments underneath. I'm always disappointed that I did. There are so many that are mean, hateful and ugly. I'm shocked sometimes that people have a strong enough opinion about something insignificant that they feel the need to make a comment at all. Didn't everyone at one point in their lives hear "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" or was that just me? Some of the worst I read were when the Duggars had their miscarriage a few months ago. Oh my goodness, how can people be that hateful to say such horrible things when someone has lost a baby. Even if you don't agree with their lifestyle, why do you feel the need to be hateful? It was also bad last month when Paula Dean announced she had diabetes. Would people say those mean things to her face or only on the back pages of the web. I hope she doesn't read the internet. It made me realize though the sinful nature of people. Its not that I'm unaware of it, but when I live and work in a church environment, sometimes the true sinful nature of people doesn't come out so broadly, in your face. I forget. It makes me sad. Yes, Christians can be just as hateful, but most try to hide it.
Oh Lord, that your grace and mercy would come down and shine on those whose hearts are hurting so badly that they feel the need to share hate instead of love. Help me to show love to people. Help me to see people the way you see them, and to pray for those who are struggling instead of being judgmental. Forgive me when I gossip and pass judgement instead of showing love and grace. In Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...