Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year!

I'm writing this while listening to worship from Passion 2013 in Atlanta, wishing I was there, but alas, I am far from being in my 20s. http://live.268generation.com/ You can check it out here, watch it live or past sessions.

Jason's family left today after 9 days here. We did leave for a few days to caravan to Louisiana to visit his grandmother, aunt, uncle and cousins, but 9 days is a long time with the same people. And having three boys who can't get outside because its wet and cold, well, I need a vacation from my vacation. On top of that, a few of the crew ended up with the flu, or something that resembled it. The pediatrician we took my niece to was nice enough to write prescriptions for my kids for Tamiflu. And my pharmacist was nice enough to call five pharmacies and then the doctor back to get some for them. So far only Campbell got it, just a fever though. So now that they have left, I am washing everything and sanitizing everything because my momma is coming in a few days and I don't want her to get sick.

Jason preached on Sunday about having a vision for the new year. You can download it here http://www.ubc.org/sermons/. It was really good if I do say so myself. Am I willing to let God enter my vision for my life this year instead of planning it myself? Ouch. I am not one to make resolutions because I don't keep them and then I've started my year out as a failure. But I do like to reevaluate my life and see if there is something I need to change. I'm thinking I need to change something, but I haven't nailed down yet what it is. I do think I will take one day a week to fast from Facebook, and I know I need to cut back on sugar and coffee and up the water intake. I know I need to change the way I'm spending time with the Lord because I just haven't been. And I know I need to learn how to take each day one day at a time, and one moment at a time because I'm missing out on opportunities to serve and love my family and other people because I'm so focused on how full the calendar is. All the things on the calendar are good and necessary and there is really nothing I can take off right now but I've got to learn how to just take it all one thing at a time instead of worrying about the schedule as a whole. I have plenty of time to do it all, its just a matter of priorities.

There will be lots of changes this year. Cooper will be leaving elementary and starting middle school and Campbell will be leaving preschool and starting kindergarten. And I will be an emotional wreck I suspect. I am still excited about my new business with Trades of Hope. I have so much to learn and so many ways to grow through that. And we always pray that Jason's job will bring glory and honor to God as he leads his team to lead people to Christ. I would love it if there are no major home repairs this year because I feel like we had enough in 2012 to last for a few years. But you never know. God has provided for us to take care of it all so I have to trust that will continue.

I am so thankful that my kids are healthy, smart and athletic and most importantly happy. And I am so thankful for all that God has brought us through this year. And I'm excited and hopeful for all that will be coming in 2013!

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20, 21



No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...