Friday, June 13, 2008

Update at end of first week

Well, the dishwasher isn't fixed yet. But good news, we get a new one! We still have a home owners warranty, so I just found out they have approved us to get a new one. Now how long it will take to install, who knows. I was feeling rather like a spoiled baby whining about not having a dishwasher, but when I mentioned it at the park yesterday with some church friends, they freaked out more than I did. Absolutely you cannot live without a dishwasher. That's just crazy talk! So they made me feel better, or we are all spoiled babies. I actually handwashed a load of dishes last night, the first time since maybe college. It wasn't so bad. My husband actually asked if I needed help, as I washed the last dish. But I was touched that he offered.

Cooper is bored of his quiet time already, wants to watch tv. I am very proud of my laundry system. Its amazing how only doing one load a day is less time consuming. They actually get folded and put away. I have been told that before by many women in my life who are older and wiser, but I am one of those people who has to figure it out herself. Of course, Cade has wet his bed twice this week, which adds another load.

You still can't go in my bedroom or bathroom. And next week is 24/7 getting ready for VBS, so it probably won't get clean unless I do it today. I'm sure I can come up with something else to do instead!

1 comment:

Steph C. said...

Well, feel blessed that you had a dishwasher and are getting another one. I don't have a dishwasher so every dish that Joe or I have used since Dec 2006 has been washed by hand. It can get piled up at times. So I know it's not a great position to be in. Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Steph

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...