Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Christmas...

Usually I am all about Christmas, decorating my house from top to bottom. But this year, if you want to see my Christmas tree, you'll have to look at the blogs from last year because there is no tree. Well, there is a 3 foot tree that the boys decorated in the playroom, and that is it. I have told people that having the third child hasn't been that hard, but apparently, it is harder than I was admitting because I am so tired, and the thought of getting everything out of the attic and unpacking it, putting it up, enjoying it for two weeks, and then packing it all back up again, is just too much. I have the box of stockings sitting in the floor by the front door, and there it has been sitting for 4 days now. I guess making a bigger mess of my house than it is already in does not sound appealing. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying buying gifts and listening to Christmas music, and loving the homemade ornaments my boys are bringing home. And they were both wonderful in their choir programs Sunday night, but I guess I'm trying to keep it simple. Christmas isn't about the tree and lights anyway, right? Of course, if I want to remind the children about Jesus, I should probably actually set up the nativity scene I got out of the attic. Last year we started a new tradition of taking Mary and Joseph and putting them upstairs and everyday they slowly make their way to the living room where the stable is. They haven't started their journey yet. It may only take them a few days to make it to Bethlehem!

1 comment:

ashley said...

I'm right there with you. Maybe it's pregnancy for me, but maybe I won't have one next year either!! We'll be leaving for La Monday and since I haven't gotten it out yet, I just don't see the need - for one week!

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...