Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Poppy Seed Blueberry Bread


I made this bread yesterday for J to take to work his first day back and had a few requests for the recipe, so here it is. I found it somewhere a year or so ago, and don't remember where, so I can't give anyone credit, but it wasn't me.

1 package blueberry muffin mix (box kind, with canned blueberries)
1 egg
3/4 cup water
3 tbsp oil
1 to 2 tbsp poppy seeds
2 to 3 tsp grated lemon peel

Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice

Drain and rinse blueberries from muffin mix, set aside. In a bowl, combine the muffin mix, egg, water, oil, poppy seeds and lemon peel. Fold in blueberries. Pour into two greased small loaf pans. Bake 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. After it cools for a little bit, make the glaze and drizzle over the top of the bread.

I have made one big loaf, muffins and mini muffins. Just adjust the cooking time for what size pan you are making them in. ENJOY!

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...