Friday, October 26, 2012

Sweet Potato Muffins Recipe

I have made these twice this week and my boys gobble them up, and they are good for you! No added sugar except honey and lots of fiber from the sweet potatoes, but the boys don't know that!

Sweet Potato Muffins

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I used regular this week, and it was fine)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1 cup cooked sweet potato, mashed
2 eggs
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup walnuts (optional) (I haven't ever had walnuts in the house)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray non stick spray in muffin tin or use muffin cups. Combing dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, stirring to mix well. Make a well in the center of the flour and add in the wet ingredients. Fold in gently just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill muffin cups almost to the top of cup. Bake for 28 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back at the touch. Makes 12 muffins.



No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...