Monday, March 11, 2013

Cruise Part 1, Bon Voyage!

My parents gave our family a Disney cruise for the most wonderful Christmas present ever and we all went together the last week of February. The five of us, my step-brother's family, my brother and my parents went on a six day cruise to paradise. I have been so busy since we got home that I've just now had a chance to sit down and talk about it. I also think I was so depressed when we got back that I didn't want to think about it. I'm always a little depressed when I get home from vacations, but coming home from probably a once in a lifetime amazing event is really depressing. But I think I can talk about it now with joy and not just sadness that I'm not there!

I was a little nervous about sea sickness and feeling trapped on the boat. I had patches and pills at the ready, but I used the patch for two days and that was it. I never felt sick and never felt claustrophobic. I am afraid of heights and water so I did avoid looking over the edge of the decks and didn't go on our balcony in our room. Just looking out over the ocean that went as far as you could see 360 degrees and we were the only thing on the water was a little freaky and scary and unbelievable. Reminded me how big our Creator is!

Here are some pictures that tell the story best.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free photo slideshow made with Smilebox



More tomorrow!

 


No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...