Thursday, June 26, 2014

Special K Diet

I am doing the Special K diet for two weeks. It says replace two meals with their shakes or meals, have two of their snacks, and have one healthy meal. You can also have fruits and vegetables. I have also been walking 30 minutes everyday. It says you can lose 5 pounds in two weeks, and I have lost 3 pounds in 10 days. Four days left to lose 2 pounds. Now, I know I could have lost that on my own just eating better, really watching my calorie intake, etc.  But this has made it easy to make those decisions. I haven't had to think about it, what I'm going to eat. And most of what I have tried has been really good.

I love the Breakfast sandwiches. The protein shakes are pretty good. I've had the strawberry, chocolate and the coffee flavors. I also like the chocolatety caramel pastry crisps. Helps my sweet tooth. Did not love the protein cereal bars. The texture was weird and they are really small. Did not love the cheddar cracker chips. They went stale really fast and I didn't love the flavor. I may try a different flavor. I love the cinnamon pecan cereal and the chocolatety delight cereal. And the maple brown sugar hot cereal was really good!

So yes, I have spent a lot of money with Kellogg's the last two weeks, but its still cheaper than lots of other options. And again, for me its about convenience and not having to think about it. I haven't been starving myself, and have enjoyed most things. I have cheated a little bit, but not as much as other times I've tried to lose weight. They do have a plan on their website where you can make a personal plan and check out healthy recipes, but I haven't done any of that. So I'll keep going for another week. We are going on vacation soon so I'll have to watch myself or I'll gain it all back. Apparently its true that when you hit 40, gaining is way easier than losing. I'm 8 months away from turning 40, but I guess my body is already there! One day at a time.

My Three Favorites:
 













No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...