Sunday, June 22, 2014

The next seven days...

Our busy summer has now slowed way down as baseball has ended this weekend. My boys are already bored and wondering what we will do with our free time. Oh my friends, Mommy has plans. Reading, cleaning, learning to ride bikes, etc. Don't tell me you're bored. I will find you something to do!

But I have also found myself kind of bored, and I need to get my creative juices flowing. So I'm going to do a few things for the next seven days. Hopefully that will keep me focused, disciplined and not bored.

1. Blog everyday. This is day 1. I don't know what I'm going to blog about, but I'll think of something. When I'm really into blogging, my head is constantly filled with ideas. But when I've been out for along time, my brain gets mushy and dull. Hopefully each day will get better as the week goes on.
2. Walk. I have been walking a lot the past two weeks. I think I finally passed the point where I want to do it now. I had to skip a few days because of scheduling and baseball and I missed it. I've walked the last two nights and realized how much cooler nights are than mornings. I'm feeling better. I have more energy. I'm also doing the Special K diet (maybe that's another blog post) but I think the walking has been doing more than the diet.
3. I have a pretty large team of ladies under me in Trades of Hope and we have our own Facebook page where we share things. So I think for the next 7 days I'm going to post a verse and prayer we can pray over our team, our goals, our callings, our work. I'm excited about that.

I think that's it for now. That's only three things, but the discipline to actually do them is a big task. I have now done #1 and #2 for today. One more to go! See you tomorrow.



No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...