Tuesday, October 28, 2008

You get what you pay for...

Except for a package of diapers I bought while we were gone evacuating, I haven't had to buy diapers until this week. But it hit at the time of the month when we don't have a lot of extra money, so I took my coupons to the grocery store to see what kind of deal I could get. Even with the coupons, the store brand of diapers was cheaper. The package looked so nice with quotes on it from moms about how great the diapers were. So I bought them instead of the name brands. And I learned again that you get what you pay for. Campbell's leaked on two outfits since yesterday. I have realized there are some things you can get by with buying the cheap store brand. But there are some things you should spend the few extra cents (or dollars when it comes to diapers) to get the better quality. Like speghetti sauce. I only buy Prego Organic. I have tried the cheaper brands but they just aren't as good. So I will go back to spending a little extra for Pampers or Huggies. My first two boys really only wore Huggies, but someone bought us Pampers this time, and I really like them. Back to cutting coupons!

1 comment:

CDJ said...

I'm sitting here trying to think of ONE other thing I buy name brand besides diapers (in the past)... I got nothin'. Apparently, I have way lower standards when it comes to pasta sauce, so I'm a Great Value Gal who religeously buys Huggies. NO! Wait! Pasta - I buy the whole wheat kind with omega 3 jobbies all up in it. Now I'll have to give Prego Organic a try.

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...