Thursday, January 27, 2011

What I read today...

I actually had someone say today that they went to read my blog last night and there wasn't a new post. Made me feel good. Yes, I missed last night. But I had made it over a week. Really busy night with a dinner out, basketball practice, and then a virus attacked my computer, and by the time I got done with the Norton people, it was after 10, and my brain had already gone to bed. I really am close to that now. But I wanted to write something. So here is what I read today. It really needs no commentary from me, except to say, AMEN!!! And thank you Jesus!

"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:4-10

OK, a little commentary. Only to point out the really good parts! His great love, rich in mercy, by grace, incomparable riches of his grace, kindness to us, GRACE, through faith, not by works. Its not about me!! Thank goodness! Its His incomparable, merciful, kindness, love and grace that saved me! Let that rest in your spirit. Its not about what you've done or not done. Its just his love and grace!

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...