Monday, January 17, 2011

What's in my CD player?

I've decided I'm going to blog everyday this week. Why? I don't know. No really good reason. A number of years ago, Jason and I took this really detailed personality test, and it said my main personality was literary. What does that mean? Well, considering that I go through my day writing about it in my head, imagining how it would sound on my blog, I think that's what it means. I like words, how they sound and go together. I devour books. My favorite movie is "You've Got Mail," mostly because of the writing and book stores. I really can't remember what the literary thing meant, no matter how the guy explained it to me, I didn't really get it. But because I've had tons of blogs running in my head the past few weeks, I am going to get some of them out. Some will be pointless info, like this one, and some might be a little deeper.

I think people used to ask each other, what's on your ipod? But I would suspect, that since you can now have thousands of songs on your ipod, I don't hear many people asking that anymore. And for me, I think it says more about me what is in my 6CD player in my minivan. Some girls buy shoes, I buy CD's. So here is what is in it today.


1. Chris Tomlin, "If Our God is For Us". I think his best CD yet. I know I will be singing many of these songs in church for years to come. I get to see him in concert at the end of Feb, and can't wait!



2. Kristian Stanfill, "Mountains Move". Just came out last week, and also really good worship stuff. Its his 2nd album, and I'm sure he'll continue to become more and more popular as people discover his music. He's on his way up there with Tomlin in my opinion.


3. Matthew West, "The Story of Your Life". This is one of the best CD's I have ever had. And that says alot! Each song is based on the story of someone who wrote West a letter. They are so encouraging as he talks about the struggles these people have gone through. But track 4, "Legacy" gets me everytime! He wrote it for me, I'm convinced of it. It talks about that we are not stuck with the legacy that was passed down to us from our family trees, that God has another legacy for us, a plan for good and blessings. I had to pull over and cry the first time I heard it.



4. Christy Nockels, "Life Light Up". Christy was at our church in August, and even with strep throat, was amazing! Beautiful voice, and this CD is full of worship music and inspirational music that gets me and the boys in the backseat excited about life. Cooper has his own copy that he listens to before bed. She'll be with Tomlin next month, and I can't wait to see her again.



5. Jason Castro, "Who I Am". Another recent purchase. Yes, I am an American Idol lover, can't wait for this Wednesday. And I liked him on his season, and suspected then he was a believer. So when I heard that his new album was out, I snatched it up. About half is "Christian" and half is just clean, fun music. His style is a little different for me, and listening to it makes me feel like an adult with a broader range of musical taste.



6. Chris Tomlin, "Glory in the Highest". Yes, its his Christmas album. But it is so much more than that, just really great worship music. So I couldn't pull it out with the rest of the Christmas stuff I packed up.

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...