Sunday, September 28, 2008

Observations...

1. Piles and piles of yard debris in front of almost every house you pass by. The paper said the company they hired to pick it all up has 180 days to get it done. For you math majors, that's 6 months. I really don't want to look at it all or worry about the fire hazard for 6 months.
2. The small water spot on Campbell's ceiling, and the really big water spot above our kitchen table. We have a two story house. How is there a water spot on the bottom floor. Something bad is happening up there.
3. The Red Cross pod in our church parking lot, not passing out water or ice, but bleach, plastic containers to keep your stuff that didn't get wet, mops, brooms, rakes and shovels.
4. How much a street light helps when you go to get the mail at night. Its not there anymore, and its a little scary.
5. The school buses running again tomorrow. YEAH!
6. Campbell's first day in Sunday School today. I wasn't as emotional as I thought I might be. After I got the three kids here, I was ready to hand him off.
7. Campbell's cute smile. He and I had a chat a while back that I should get the first smile, since Daddy would probably get the first word. And I did. The Sunday before we evacuated, I got it, and I cried. No one believed me because he didn't smile at anyone else for awhile, but now he smiles a lot and I know I had the first one.
8. The calender flying by. How is Campbell already 7 weeks old!? When it was Cooper, I couldn't wait for him to grow up, but Campbell needs to just stop. It's very sad.
9. The crap all over my house, yes, CRAP. The FEMA lady came by this week to look around, and I had 5 minutes notice, and I was horrified as she walked around the house. Yes, I have good excuses, evacuating, kids at home, and a new baby, but most of it is just without excuse. I'm just lazy.
10. Dancing with the Stars, The Biggest Loser, House, Survivor, Project Runway, Numbers, I think that's it. Those are my favorites, and three of them are on the same night. Hence, the crap around my house.

If I just focus on Campbell's smile, its all ok.

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...