Sunday, September 14, 2008

Update...

We had a friend go back to Clear Lake and he went to all of our houses to check on them. He said out of the five houses on our cul-de-sac, ours was way the best. Just damage to our fence and probably our roof, both of which needed to be replaced anyway. But no windows out, no trees down, no flooding. Our neighbors lost most of their trees and some siding from what we hear. But no electricity, and because our school district covers so much area, we don't have school all next week at least. We are hoping that we get power back soon so we can go home, although I have no food in my house and there probably isn't any in the stores. But we are so very thankful that God kept our house safe. It could have been so much worse. I'm sure when we get back home we will hear lots of stories of people who didn't fare as well as we did. I am sure there will be many opportunities to help people, both physically and emotionally.

You can also pray for Jeff and Heather and their two boys. They are neighbors of Lee and Colette who also came with us. They just moved here from Michigan in July. They aren't believers, but after being with all of us for a few days, decided to go to church with us this morning. They said we all looked like the Waltons to them, but we just said it was Jesus. So we will see how that goes over the next few days. Thank you for the prayers as we wait for power to come back. My mom in Shreveport also lost power.

1 comment:

Kim said...

SO glad you're safe and your house is too! We'll be praying for everyone as repairs begin and power is restored. I know it's pretty overwhelming, but we will pray for peace!!! Thanks for posting so we know you're alright. We all thought about you and prayed for you in class this morning!
Love, Kim

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...