Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Randomness...

I am getting so into blogging. I'm working on a new blog for my church's VBS, and I'm learning so many new fun things by just wandering around the web asking questions. So I'm ignoring my messy kitchen and not worrying about how I'm going to get it clean for 40 people who are coming over Friday night. I've got all day Friday. This is way more fun!
So what random things can I talk about tonight? I am on day 3 of eating better and walking in the afternoons. The hardest part of my plan is not eating after 8 PM. It is so hard to break that habit! I broke down a few minutes ago and ate half a pop-tart. But I've been doing well other than that. It hasn't helped that Girl Scout cookies arrived at my house today. I put them out in the freezer in the garage, so maybe out of sight out of mind?
I have cut wayyy down on my tv watching. Really, if its not a show that I would DVR, then I don't watch it. I don't keep the tv on for noise anymore. Basically I watch every show that has to do with auctions, like "Auction Kings", "Pawn Stars", "Cash & Cari", "Storage Wars" and "American Pickers". Love all of them. And Jason will watch them with me. And we watch "Survivor" and "American Idol". I am really liking AI. I think the new judges are really fun to watch. We are still a few weeks behind, but we are enjoying it so far. I also watch "Biggest Loser" but my kids have lost interest, so I may drop that one soon. My most favorite show though is "NCIS". I get so excited when USA has a marathon, which is at least once a week. I can do other things while that's on, like folding laundry and blogging, like tonight.
Baseball season is upon us! We made a trip to Academy yesterday. Two batting helmets, two pair of gray baseball pants, and one new pair of cleats later, I think we are supplied. Cooper started practice this week and Cade starts on Saturday. Jason is Cade's coach this year instead of Coop's so we'll see how that goes. I am really excited about baseball, once we get basketball over with. The next 2-3 weeks are really hard when they overlap. We have one or two practices each night. It makes us sit down for dinner together at 4:15. Its hard to get used to, but kind of nice to get that over with. However, it won't help me not want to eat after 8! Maybe that's why I needed half a poptart tonight.

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...