Saturday, September 15, 2012

King Ranch Chicken Recipe

This is one of my hubby's favorites, but I don't make it very often. We saw someone making a version of it the other night on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives so he requested it. It came out really pretty tonight so I took a picture (because normally my food doesn't turn out picture perfect). I don't know where I found this recipe, but I think it was in the UBC church cookbook. Enjoy!

King Ranch Chicken
1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 chopped bell pepper
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel tomatoes
6 corn tortillas
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Dice cooked chicken. Saute bell pepper and onion. Combine soups, rotel tomatoes, bell pepper, onions and chicken. Grease 9 x 13 casserole dish. Line with stripped tortillas, 1/2 chicken mixture and 1/2 cheese. Repeat. Cook at 375 for 45 minutes.


No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...