Friday, September 21, 2012

Morning Person?

I have somehow morphed into a morning person. I'm not sure when it happened. I guess slowly over the past few years as getting my kids up for school has set in. Now, don't get the wrong idea. I'm not a really nice person in the morning. I don't get up singing and dancing or anything. (I have been known to wake up my kids singing and they don't like that. They aren't morning people). Most mornings I don't jump out of bed and get to work. I'm slow in the mornings. But I can't sleep late anymore. I've been waking up before the alarm goes off on school mornings. And I like to get up before my kids and enjoy my coffee while watching Good Morning America. Like this morning. Fridays are the only day I get to sleep late. J gets the big boys up and takes them for donuts before school. Used to I would either sleep through them getting up or at least go back to sleep after they left and stay asleep until Campbell woke me up. But this morning I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and have had my breakfast and coffee and watched GMA and baby is still asleep. Some mornings I do wake up with a burst of energy and get a lot done before 9. But not usually. The bad part about all of this is now I'm not a night person like a used to be. I'm done at 10, out cold. And J is a night person so we used to stay up and watch History channel or HGTV together and catch up on our day, but not anymore. I fall asleep so he changes it to ESPN.

I'm not technically a morning or night person I guess. I have energy from 9 until 2 and then from 5 until 8. The other times I am in a fog. I have to have a shower and coffee to get to that morning shift and then a cat nap to make it until 5. Yes, I know if I exercised I would have more energy. Blah. I don't wanna. You can't make me. I know if I read my Bible and took time to pray every day I would have more energy and more focus. I have experienced that. But I'm not there right now. I'm feeling that I am at a fork in the road. I'm feeling that its time for a change. So I think next week I will try to start walking, try to skip the cat nap and read my Bible, and drink more water. Ah. The baby is awake. Time to get to work! 8:50. Right on schedule.

PS. I wrote this and posted it and then went to take a shower. My brain woke up and I thought of things I should have said so I came back and changed it. Showers are good like that.



No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...