Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sunday Night

Most semesters I teach a Bible Study on Sunday nights, but for different reasons, I am not this semester. But I'm still at church on Sunday nights because my boys are there for choir and Bible drill. I'm going through a marriage book with Jason and another couple at 5, but what do I do from 6-7? So I've decided that its a good time to shut myself in a room and spend that forced time with Jesus. Apparently I can't do it if there are any distractions, so putting myself in a quiet room might help. I would love some company though if anyone else is wandering around the church. We could pray together, read something together, or you could just drop off a prayer request to me if you need me to pray with or for you. So I started this past Sunday and I thought every week I would blog something that I learned.

Week One:
I am slowly reading Lazarus Awakening by Joanna Weaver, one of my favorite authors. This was one of my favorite parts of Chapter Two, not even a main part of the chapter, but a side bar.

"What God does with our sin"
1. He lays them on His son - Jesus Christ. Isaiah 53:6
2. Christ takes them away - John 1:29
3. They are removed an immeasurable distance - Psalm 103:12
4. When sought for, they are not found. Jeremiah 50:20
5. The Lord forgives them - 1 John 1:9, Ephesians 1:7, Psalm 103:3
6. He cleanses them all away by the blood of His Son - 1 John 1:7
7. He cleanses them as white as snow or wool - Isaiah 1:18, Psalm 51:7
8. He abundantly pardons them - Isaiah 55:7
9. He tramples them underfoot. Micah 7:19
10. He remembers them no more. Hebrews 10:17, Ezekiel 33:16
11. He casts them behind his back. Isaiah 38:17
12. He casts them into the depths of the sea - Micah 7:19
13. He will not impute us with sins - Romans 4:8
14. He covers them - Romans 4:7
15. He blots them out - Isaiah 43:25
16. He blots them out like a think cloud - Isaiah 44:22
17. He blots out even the proof against us, nailing it to His Son's cross - Colossians 2:14

I love number 10 and 16 the most. I love that God forgets my sin! I love that because I can't forget my sin or anyone else's when they sin against me. I wish I could. And I love 16 because I don't remember ever hearing that verse before. "I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.” I love that! I love picturing clouds that are blowing away in the sky, never to return and that's how my sin is. Its just gone. I am so thankful for God's forgiveness!

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...