Friday, September 28, 2012

My Observations of... Storage Auction TV Shows

I love watching all the storage auction shows, "Storage Wars" and "Auction Hunters" are the two I watch most often. But I have made some observations the past year watching them.
1. Who pays money to store such junk? Just throw the stuff away! When your garage sale is over, give it away or throw it away, don't pay money to store it. Why do you think that stuff is worth saving? Its junk!
2. Who stores such valuable things in storage? If I have $15000 in gold bars, I'm not storing them in a locker with a dead bolt that can be cut off with a pair of clippers! Keep your valuables with you! Why would you store your valuable converse tennis shoe collection in a storage locker? Why would you store an antique gun worth thousands? Keep it with you where you can get to it whenever you need to, for fast cash if nothing else.
3. And this is the biggest thing to me... If you are not going to pay your locker bill, then why wouldn't you go get your stuff out before they take control of the locker!!!!???? Why would you leave your whole household of stuff in there and just let it get sold to the highest bidder? Go get it! At least the good stuff. If you can't afford to pay your bill, go get the antique gun out and sell it to pay your bill. I just don't understand.

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...