Friday, September 14, 2012

Quick update on our house and my awesome kid!

Its been awhile. I have 10 minutes before I have to leave to pick up the boys from school, so let's see how much I can type.

We are officially done with the remodel/reconstruction of our flooded house! Yipee! I am loving the floors and blue walls, not loving how many boxes I still have to unpack. The closest I came to having a nervous breakdown was Monday night. They were coming Tuesday to clean the downstairs carpets so we had to remove everything out of the den and playroom except the furniture. So the dining room was taken over by boxes of toys. J was gone for the evening, so I thought I would have 3 helpers to make the job fast. Wrong. They were not in the helping mood, so by the end of the evening, there was yelling and throwing and lots of frustration on my part. But it got done. So now we have a no shoe rule on the clean carpets and we will be going through the boxes of toys and only returning some of it. They don't play with most of the stuff but if I try to get rid of anything, its suddenly their favorite toy ever.

Cooper got his braces last week and an expander put in this week. Poor guy. The expander is driving him crazy! Its this bar across the back of his mouth that I have to tighten each night. Its not hurting yet, but I bet it will. I don't think I've said publicly, but he is the starting quarterback for his football team and doing a great job if I do say so myself. He's such a leader and a great team player. They are 1-2 this year, but more than half the team has never played football before, so each week they get better. He has been chosen by his school to kick a field goal at a high school game in a few weeks to earn some money for them. He's so excited! He's trying out for the robotics team next week. And now its time for me to go pick up the boys from school. They have ridden the bus the past three years, but Cooper is on the safety patrol, afternoon shift, so he can't ride the bus anymore. One of the downsides of having an overachieving kid! But a small price to pay for such an awesome kid!

Another post tomorrow with some pics maybe?



No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...