Wednesday, May 25, 2011

More choices, and some excitement?

Yesterday had some good and bad points. I walked a little over 10,000 steps, but I ate a cupcake at Cade's baseball party. I could not say no. It was really good mentally. I really enjoyed that cupcake. But in actuality, it wasn't that good of a cupcake. I shouldn't have wasted something sweet on that store bought cupcake.

I couldn't find my pedometer today, until tonight when I found it under the chair in the den. Don't know how it got there. But I didn't walk this morning because Campbell had a fever and I didn't want to take him out in the Houston heat and humidity. That was my excuse anyway. So I'm sure I wouldn't have made it to 10,000 anyway. But I had lots of good Bible study time today. Jason is preaching on Sunday at 11 (if you could say a prayer for him please), so he can't teach our Weekend Bible Study class, so that leaves it to me to teach Isaiah 13-23. Yep. Not the most exciting easy to teach lesson. I need to go study some more.

Here was the most exciting thing that happened today.
I don't know how I happened to see that on the busy carpet in the dining room, but I'm glad I did because I think that monster has been living in my house for a couple of weeks and bit me about 10 days ago. I have been struggling with these huge bites on my left leg for 10 days, and I assumed they were spider bites. I have never had bites like this. If anyone has seen me trying to inconspicuously scratching my leg the last 10 days, that's why. I sit in the dining room to do my Bible study, so I wondered if that's where I was when it bit me. My spiritual illustration for the spider is that its such a small thing that is distracting me a great deal. I have to look for the small distractions in my life that are keeping me from being with the Lord and squash them, like I did to the spider after I took a picture of it. I then uploaded the picture and emailed it to badspiderbites@gmail.com so he can tell me what kind of spider bit me. I googled spiders to find a picture of it. I think its a wolf spider. I have never been afraid of spiders, but after browsing all the pictures I feel really creepy, like they are crawling all over me. I might be afraid of spiders now.

I was about to post this and Cooper came in and saw the picture of the spider and said, "That might be a wolf spider." "How do you know that?" "I read a spider book." Who reads spider books?!

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...