Monday, May 23, 2011

Much wiser decisions today...

I walked this morning. Other than my coffee (Sorry, I am not giving that up) I only drank water today. No major sweets, just a few of the new Newtons fruit thins (really good by the way). We had to meet J at McDonalds and I ate a salad, chicken nuggets and water instead of the double cheeseburger, fries and sweet tea I really wanted. I got a lot done today. I set my timer to work around the house and was going to stop at 2:30 to sit down with my Bible. I made the mistake of checking my email first, and almost got sucked into a VBS email. I had to say "no" to something good and worthwhile because it still wasn't as important as my time with Jesus. I had a sweet time reading His word and another book I'm studying. Two baseball games tonight. I did make an unwise choice of eating a hot dog a few minutes ago. Coop got home from his game followed by his first all-star practice and was ravenous. Ate two hot dogs and 1/2 pound of grapes. His hot dog looked really good, so I broke down and ate one. But I have been wearing a pedometer today and as of 10:14 pm I have walked 14,623 steps today! I only walked 1.25 miles this morning so the rest of that is errands this morning, running all over the house and baseball games. I'm sure the fact that the boys played on two different fields on opposite ends of the complex added to that step count, and I had a two year old to keep up with too. So I think the hot dog was ok. It was a turkey hot dog if that makes any difference.

1 comment:

CDJ said...

wa-Hoo!!! good day:) the hot dog shall be redeemed. lol.

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...