Sunday, May 29, 2011

Really Bad Choice

Thursday was a good day. I really had a struggle with my flesh that morning about walking, but I said no to my flesh, put Campbell in his stroller and went. I immediately felt better about myself and glad that I had made that choice. I walked over 12,000 steps that day, again, because of two baseball games on opposite ends of the complex.
But Friday was a bad choice day. I didn't get to walk because of some early morning events at the kids' school. And then I met some sweet weekday ladies at Chuy's for lunch. They told me how proud they were of me from reading my blog. And then I asked if I should eat well, like a salad, or treat myself. Of course, they all said to treat myself. So I did... to green chili fried chicken. REALLY GOOD! At the moment. But I felt horrible all afternoon, both physically and mentally. Way too much on my stomach and I was mad at myself for making that choice. Only got to 7,000 steps without that walk. Irritating!
Yesterday I did walk, but I didn't wear my pedometer. And today was the first day all week that I had any soda, only drank about 1/3 of it. So its been a week of good and bad choices. But it was a good exercise in saying no to my flesh, choosing the right path, and getting back on it when I fell off. I'll spare you the details from now on about my adventure in making choices unless there is something really big. I'm not sure if I have lost any weight. I think I have lost 2 lbs, but its hard to tell on my old time scale. Its not digital so I'm not sure how accurate reading the spinner thing is. But I will continue on. I'm hoping the stress of VBS the next two weeks will take off a few pounds, as long as I don't eat myself through it.

No comments:

Random parenting thoughts today

I love it when I read scripture and a short passage or even a word jumps out at me and I have to camp out there awhile. Here's the verse...